The ingredient you need to know about: Squalane
With the debut of clean beauty line, Indie Lee, at Sana, we're sharing its mantra with you all. Grounded in nature. Supported through science. Inspired by life. It's a motto that sets the intention for their products, and it has sparked plenty of conversations about a new kind of green beauty revolution fueled by goal-driven skincare.
We're looking to science in our mini version of skin school and sharing some insight into a hero ingredient that's no stranger to the Indie Lee skincare line, specifically its Squalane Facial Oil.
We loooove squalane. It's molecular structure is similar to our skins own, helping squalane penetrate deep into the pores on a cellular level, balancing oil production while promoting plump, hydrated skin. Our oil glands produce this fat to maintain our skin barrier. This raw supply of "squalene," which is later turned into the product-friendly squalane you know and love, slows down significantly after 30.
This is where squalane comes in. It's the skin barrier boosting element we all need in our rituals for a variety of reasons:
1. Put an end to premature aging : Our skin tends to show signs of premature aging due to exposure to environmental toxins. Squalane, when used regularly, can:
- Help to increase the skin vibrancy and luminosity
- Help to lessen the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the face
- Help to reduce skin inflammation and redness
It can effectively:
- Prevent the spread of pathogens which can accumulate in the skin pores due to oil and dust
- Speed up the healing of chapped or cracked skin
- Prevent the production of free radicals, which are the culprits behind aging spots
- Help to decrease the dark pigmentation on the face or any part of the body
When a squalane molecule enters the cell, it helps to regulate the production of oil and keep skin moisturized.
The texture of squalane moisturizers is non-greasy and light, making it a fantastic candidate for your hydrating skincare regimen, working to seal in moisture and leave you glowing naturally.
4. Fight irritation : Squalane has non-irritant properties, making it an excellent option for those with sensitive skin. Skin irritation and itching urge to scratch the skin, which can result in skin damage. Squalane is the perfect product to save yourself from this habit and save your skin too.
There’s plenty to keep up with in skincare, but it’s important to remember all the great ingredients that make up your most loved products so you can decipher future formulas while confidently shopping for what’s right for you and your skin.
Happy skin days ahead!